Monday 4 February 2013

Passages and Mantras for Meditation

From Conquest of Mind:

1. Opening of Buddha's Twin Verses.  Taken from Dhammapada: 

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought: we are formed and molded by our thoughts.  Those whose minds are shaped by selfish thoughts cause misery when they speak or act.  Sorrow roll over them like the wheels of a cart follow the hooves of the bullock that draws it.  

All that we are is the result of what we have thought: we are formed and molded by our thoughts.  Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act.  Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them. "

2. Prayer from Saint Francis of Assisi.

"Dear God, make me the instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
Where there is sadness, joy."

"O Divine Maters, grant me that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console
To be understood as to understand
To be loved as to love.  
For that it's in giving that we receive
It is in forgiving that we are forgiven
It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life.
"

From Joe's video:

3. Protection prayer
"Mighty God surrounds me, love of God enfolds me, power of Gold protects me, presence of God watches over me, where ever I am, God is, and always will."

4. The Lord's prayer

"Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done, here on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespassed against us;
lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
"


5. "God, give ___ my/his/her own unconditional love"

6. Hoʻoponopono
"I'm sorry, I love you, forgive me, thank you"

From this video and "Yoga - yoga, tantra and mediation in daily life" by Swami Janakananda

7. Mantra for Chakra cleansing, from bottom to top
"LAM VAM RAM YAM HAM AUM/OM OM"

No comments:

Post a Comment